I hate lies.
I absolutely hate being lied to.
I think the thing that makes me most upset about being lied to is the fact that it means the person or persons are saying you are stupid. That may or may not be what they actually think, but by lying they are essentially saying "oh she'll never know (a.k.a she's stupid)". I HATE that! The truth always comes out. Always. And since the truth always comes out, why not just start with it anyways? It will save everyone a lot of time and embarrassment and hurt feelings.
Plus, lying absolutely tears down walls of trust. If you want an easy way out of a friendship or relationship, tell a lie. After lies are involved it's so hard to trust that person so easily as you may have the first time. Then in the back of your mind, after you forgive them, you wonder if they will ever lie to you again? Or are they even lying to you about that they will never lie to you again? It becomes WAY more complicated when one person tells a lie. Can't we all just do without the added complexities that relationships and friendships don't need and tell the truth?!
Also by lying, the person being lied to is made to feel like they aren't good enough for the truth. They aren't worth enough to be told the truth. That's such an awful feeling.
So once again, I hate lying. It doesn't do any good for anyone involved. It breaks trust and that's not an easy thing to get back once it's gone. For me, forgiving a lie is probably the hardest thing. And even after it's forgiven, I still have a SUPER hard time letting it go and trying to move on. God please give me the strength to let go of these things when they happen.
Katelyn
No comments:
Post a Comment