So today started out as a really good day. I got up and finished watching Free Willy 2. Yes, I love killer whales now. I would like a pet killer whale actually. Anyways, after that I proceeded to actually get out of my bed and went to Mickey's Retreat to lay out. It was rather warm today. I think it was almost 90 so I only stayed out there an hour. I came home and my roomies were all getting home. I hate that I have to go to work at night when Jackie, Katie, and Em are all getting home. I had to get ready for work. However, before I did that I had an interesting phone conversation. And here is my rant for the night...
I hate lies. Yes, I already have a whole blog on this. But I REALLY hate lies. Lies are hard for me to forgive, but I do. Why is it that the people we feel like we should forgive (and actually do forgive easier than most others) are the same ones that turn right back around and stab you in the back again?! And it seems that those people that you wind up not giving a second chance are the ones that would have learned from their mistake and not taken your relationship and trust for granted ever again. But we'll never get to experience that. Because no second chance was given.
I don't understand how ANYONE can give someone their word and then lie to them again. I don't understand! How can it be ok to lie to someone so easily after going through the ringer for lying to them once?! If you lie to me once, ok, I'll give you a second chance. Everyone messes up. But if you lie to me again, forget it. I've tried to find the good in you and focus on it, but you've given me every reason to move on and leave you out of my life. This might be an awful way to live life, but I'm tired of the dishonesty I've found recently in some relationships. It's exhausting.
Why, if you are caught in a lie, would you not just confess a previous misleading situation? Maybe it wasn't a lie, but it wasn't the whole truth. Why wouldn't you just fess up?! The truth will come out. It always does!!
So why did I have a thought today that made me question a previous situation? Why when I brought it up in conversation was the truth revealed and a lie discovered? I guess God knew that certain people aren't worth my time and energy and that they need to learn their lesson the hard way. I'm above it and I'm moving on.
I thank God for my amazing roommates and true friends who are always there to laugh with me when I'm rejoicing and threaten people's lives when I'm upset (joking... but seriously). They make things so much easier and are bright spots in my life. Tomorrow is another day and I'm going to pick up myself and move on from today. I feel like this blog is kind of scattered but that's how my feelings and thoughts are right now. Just needed to get them out.
Katelyn
No comments:
Post a Comment