Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Day 59

As of tomorrow I have been in Florida 2 whole months! That seems crazy that it's already been 2 months, but at the same time it feels like I've been here forever!

This morning I had to get up and be at the Nissan dealer at 8am. Blah. Apparently there was a recall on the steering column and pivot shaft or something nutty like that. I don't understand a word of car lingo. So I took it over there and they were going to fix it free of charge. After the guy took all the info on my car, he informed me that there were actually 3 recalls out on my car. Great. I love driving an unstable vehicle...

So he kindly told me there was not only a recall on the shaft thingy, but also on the gas tank cap and the driver's side AIRBAG! What?! I'm glad he told me this! So they were going to fix it for free too... however, he informed me that meant that they would have to keep it overnight. I was speechless for a second. I told him I guessed I would have to call a roommate (which the only other roommate at home with a car at that time was Jackie who was asleep) to come pick me up. He was so nice and said they would give me a one day rental for free!

We got all the paperwork done and I got my rental car. Holy cow! It is SUPER nice! It's a 2011 Black Nissan Altima! I love this car! It drives so smooth! And it's a keyless start which means all I have to do is push a button. It's pretty sweet...


So now I have a sweet ride to cruise in for a day. I got home and of course Katie and Jackie were still asleep. When they woke up we had roomie chat and then Katie and I got ready for our day at Epcot.

Something I haven't mentioned in my blog is the crazy amount of people that have already been terminated from the college program! If you are terminated or if someone from your room is terminated, they change the locks and put a note on your door that those who aren't terminated need to come get their new house key. So basically we live on a floor of 4 apartments: us and 3 neighbors. As of 3 days ago, every apartment besides ours on the floor has had their locks changed!!! It's crazy! And the other day, we even saw loads of someone's stuff being thrown out in trash bags from the latest apartment to have someone terminated. There were clothes, luggage, and even their laptop in trash bags!!! Wow! And the apartment next to us was completely terminated earlier in our program. It was the whole apartment because now we have completely new neighbors. So hopefully we aren't next!

So like I said, today me and Katie dressed up and went to Epcot. They are having a flower and garden show for the next two months so we decided to go check it out. It was amazing! They did such an amazing job on the topiaries!! Here are some pics of what we saw!

Simply amazing what they can do with plants!

We loved the sunshine and beautiful flowers!

My favorite Disney movie!!!

So after our fun-filled day in which we also got to see our lovely roommate Jackie, we headed back. We stopped at a Barnes and Noble and spent an amazing hour there browsing books. I'm SO glad we both love books so much that we can spend a solid hour (and could have spent many more) in a fabulous bookstore!! We both bought a book too! I love reading!!! After that we decided to eat dinner at Olive Garden. We then headed home after our yummy and fulfilling dinner! Jackie got home soon after. I watched Glee from last night and Katie started reading her book. We all had our normal talk time and now I'm heading to bed. I had a wonderful roomie date day and I am SO excited for all my friends to get here. OH and I forgot... my car is fixed. Well two of the three warranties got fixed. The airbag problem can't be fixed until next week so I'm going to have to worry every time I get in my car! I have to go to bed soon because in the morning I have to take my super sweet car back for my car. Sad day!

Bedtime,
Katelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment