Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Day 108... Blue Man Group!!!

Today was FANTASTIC!!!

I got up and cleaned the bathroom and straightened our room because we have inspections on Friday... again.

Then I laid in bed and read and did some facebooking. I later watched Glee before going to see about why my new phone is freezing up. When I got home, Katie was home. We worked out and then got ready for Blue Man. We left the apartment at 5:30 to try to make it to the 6pm show. We were walking up to the ticket booth at 5:56 when we noticed that the showtimes were actually 5 and 8 tonight... fail. So we decided to go ahead and buy our tickets for the 8pm show and head to Margaritaville! Well... when we walked up to Margaritaville, they had just closed at 6 for a private event. Fail #2. So we ate Panda Express and headed to Islands of Adventure for some Harry Potter! When we got to the gate, the lady informed us that it was blockout dates for our annual pass and that we couldn't get in this week. Fail #3. BUT she said we were still able to go to the Universal side so that is in fact what we did. We rode the MIB ride and the Simpsons ride. Then we were rushing at 8:01 to the show. We can't manage to make it on time ANYWHERE!

The show was AMAZING!!! I was in awe the whole time! It was hilarious too!! I loved it! I also got to be in the show! They came out and got people from the audience for certain acts of the show. They came and stared at me and Katie for a while once. It was hilarious and we couldn't stop laughing. So then they came back again and grabbed my hand and pulled me up on stage! I was laughing hysterically! Katie was too! Up on stage, they put my in a chest protector harness thing and I was so nervous that I was going to get paint splattered on me or something! I was part of a dinner date act. They were each trying to impress me. It was so fun! We all ate twinkees together. Then one of the guys got "sick" and all of this gross twinkee mush came out of this tube in his chest! All of the sudden the same thing came out of my chest protector!! It was SO NASTY!! I just laughed the whole time! They took a picture of my reaction when it happened. And they gave me the lovely leftovers of the crap he upchucked on the table. They each ate some too. I tried it after the show. It wasn't too bad. It was just mushed up bananas. There was also an awesome dance rave part of the show. Me and Katie got up and danced! After the show, we got to meet 2 of the blue men!! It was so fun! They took pics with us and one even gave us a blue kiss on the cheek! So we basically had the most amazing night ever!! Everyone kept telling me I did great on stage, but all I did was laugh! Me and Katie were celebs and the blue men loved us BOTH!! Here's a pic of us with a Blue Man and one with our kisses!!


We went and got a dessert and Dunkin' Donuts and headed home!! I had an awesome day and am not so excited about having to go to work tomorrow... BUT I get off at 9 tomorrow night, so I think me and the girls are going to watch Wishes in MK tomorrow night maybe... we'll see!

So happy,
Katelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment