Saturday, April 23, 2011

Day 104

I'm so over being a slave for Disney. I'm ready to come home. I know that I only have 3 weeks left and that after the fact I will miss all my friends and the fun experiences, but I will NOT miss working for $7.25 an hour while doing slave labor. This week was especially hard because I was in strollers and I picked up 2 shifts so I wound up working 50 hours, but even without that, it's hard to force myself to go to work every day when I know I am working harder than I should for the pay I get. It's getting harder and harder to say that it's all for the experience. That it's worth it. Just not so much anymore.

I just had a tough day today. An 8 hour shift in strollers in the heat of the day was hard on me. Plus it was the end of the week. AND I have to work at 5 tomorrow morning. Yes, in 5 hours I have to be at work. I can't do all these crazy shift times anymore. They have GOT to stop moving around my schedule. My body can't handle it! SO the rest of my day after work consisted of Chik-fil-a, a nap, Twistee Treat, and grocery shopping. Wal-mart was NUTS. So now I'm home and going to bed. I have to be up in less than 5 hours... not going to be a fun Easter. I'm not excited about getting up that early to work on Easter, missing out on Easter with my family, and still having 2 more days of work before my weekend.

20 more days,
Katelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment