Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Day 106

I had an amazing start to my day!!! And I guess this is technically the start to my weekend since today is my Friday!! I was woke up this morning by a phone call from East Robertson. Of course I didn't answer it because in the mornings my voice sounds awful. I listened to the voicemail and it was the principal all frantic telling me they wanted to offer me a job and didn't want anyone else to get to me first. I was SO excited! This is what I've been hoping for! So I also had a text from my dad. When I called him, he told me that he'd also been contacted by East in order to get my number as well as by the principal at Greenbrier Middle. I knew I was going to be "in high demand" as all my teachers told me at LU, but I didn't anticipate this! So I called Mrs. Cook back at East when I got up and ready and she flat out offered me a math teaching job in the high school! This is what I've been hoping for since I graduated!! I had kind of already accepted that they weren't going to have any openings and I was ready to take the job from Heritage or Jo Byrns. And I'd also been thinking about middle school math as well. Now all my plans are thrown away and I'm back to the drawing board. I've got to decide if I'm going to take the job or not. Also, none of this even matters if I don't pass my pedagogy test in June. I have a lot riding on that test. I really need to look up and see if there are any study materials I can look over to prepare because if I fail it... then I might not even have a job at all in the Fall! Oh gosh. I hate that kind of pressure when it comes to tests!

So after all that craziness happened, me and Jen and Adrianna went to get their costumes at MK for their deployed jobs next week. Then me and Jen hung out in the park while Adrianna went home. It was fun. After 4 months, I've only hung out with ppl from work outside of WOD twice. I wish I'd done it more often because I'm really going to miss all of them! Here's a pic of my and Jen from today...


(People get us confused at work all the time...)
We had a blast! BUT... it had to end because I had to go to work. So of course since I went to the park, I was late to work. When am I not late to work after a day in the park?! Work went by fast though. I worked upstairs in Belle's before they moved me down to the floor to finish up the night. I also found people to trade shifts with next week so I can have Tuesday and Wednesday off!!! So I brought Lindsey home and now I'm headed to bed. It's FINALLY MY WEEKEND!!! YAY!!!!

Relieved,
Katelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment