I have about 3 different blogs that I could write right now! I'll settle for one at the moment though.
Right now I'm sitting on my bed thinking about some of the people I surround myself with on a daily basis. I know for a fact that some of them are amazing influences on me. They are people I need in my life. On the other hand, there are people that I feel like I should probably rid myself of. These are people that drag me down. They make me bitter. Some of them even let me go off the path I should be on without helping keep me accountable.
So what happens if one of those amazing influences goes off on a different path of their own? What I mean is this: what if someone you've looked up to for a long time becomes someone that you didn't know they could be? They start doing things you never thought they would do. They live almost a secret life. They want certain people to feed their ego when they talk about this new side of them, but then they don't want others to know about this new side of them. They enjoy the attention they get from a new group of friends, or even from a guy or girl that they aren't even interested in. They just string them along because they feed that need for attention they have.
I know that the logical thing to do is to confront them about this change, but what if you've done that? What if you have told them that they needed to do away with this new group of friends and their new changed lifestyle? They don't listen. Should you keep being around this person? It's almost as if their ego has tripled in size due to their new found friends.
Everyone wants attention. But some people are just more self-centered than they should be. It's almost a self-righteous thing I think. They think everything revolves around them and that they are the center of attention 24/7. If the attention is not on them, they pout, or find some other way to get the attention back to them.
It's hard to tell someone that they are wrong when they don't want to hear it, even if you're doing it out of love. Sometimes, they just think that you are jealous. They make it seem like you are just mad because the attention isn't on you, but really you're concerned about them.
Now I know that I'm not the greatest person. I have my faults. I've done things I shouldn't have, and I'm just as guilty as the next person when it comes to being selfish, self-centered, and proud. It just seems like the only way a person who is acting like I described earlier is going to change is if they have a change of mind and heart. No person is going to convince them otherwise.
It's annoying to be around someone who wants the attention on them all the time. I wish it were just as easy for that person to see it too. No one likes to be around someone who thinks they are the best thing since sliced bread. No, you are NOT the most important thing in the world. Too bad a wake up call isn't going to come within the next week before I leave for Disney. Maybe certain people will have had a change of heart and mind by the time I get back in 5 months because I may have to rid myself of them if they haven't changed. I refuse to be dragged down by people who live off of drama and thrive off being the center of attention. So not worth my time. I'd rather spend my time with people who enjoy spending time with me because I'm me. Not because I'm someone else who helps their ego grow.
Wondering what form true friends really take,
Katelyn
No comments:
Post a Comment