6am came REALLY early this morning!
We had to dress nice for our meeting this morning. We all loaded on a bus at 6:45 (yes it was still dark) and headed to Disney University! When we got there, we split off into our groups. Today's meeting was called "Traditions." It is a HUGE part of the Disney college program. They wanted us to understand Disney's past, present, and future.
It lasted 4 1/2 hours. Wow. I know. But it was really cool! I learned lots of cool stuff about Disney! Is there really a cool tunnel system under Magic Kingdom? Wouldn't you like to know!
It's just SO cool to see how all the magic is made! I am SO excited about being part of it! Oh, I forgot to mention one small thing: I got my official Disney I.D. today. Why is that important? Well, I can clock into work, get discounts, and... GO TO THE PARK FOR FREE!!! AHHH!!! I'm SO excited to go when I actually get a free moment.
I came home, ate some lunch, and decided I should probably find out where my costume is so I could pick it up for training tomorrow.
So basically I spent 3 hours of my day on the bus running around trying to find my costumes! One lady I talked to on the phone told me my costumes were at Epcot. I asked her again to make sure that's what she said. She said Epcot was the place. I didn't think this made sense because I'm working at Downtown Disney. Lo and behold when I got to the Epcot cast services, she looked at me like I was crazy. So I hopped on ANOTHER couple of buses and finally made it to Downtown Disney. The cast members there were all SUPER sweet. I got my costumes! Are they cute? Absolutely not. If I could wear my own khakis I think I could make it work, but they distribute our WHOLE costume so the khakis must be worn!
I know anyone reading this is thinking, "Man! I really want to see a picture of Katelyn in her costume! I bet she looks really funny!" Well, I might as well go ahead and embarrass myself now...
Well, there it is. I will be sportin' this hot costume in Downtown Disney at the World of Disney store.
Anyways, when all my roomies got home, 4 of us went to Buffalo Wild Wings, or B-Dubs as Emily calls it, with some guys that live in our building that she met! It was SO much fun! I'm loving that I'm meeting so many people from all different places and walks of life! Here are some of my new friends...
The pic right above is kinda dark, but on the left is Jake, then Emily, Katie, and Dillon.
That's Chaz, Ashley, and me! We all had a blast at Buffalo Wild Wings and laughed SO much! Too bad we all have to get up early in the morning or Katie was TOTALLY going to do karaoke! Tomorrow is my first day of training! I'm kind of nervous, but ready to get going! Didn't get to go to the park today, but will hopefully get to go tomorrow after training! Time for this kid to get in bed. I've been going strong since 6 this morning!
Embracing great change,
Katelyn
That costume is wretched. Just saying.
ReplyDeleteYou're telling me!
ReplyDeleteBAH HAHA!!! I'm going to make that my computer background.
ReplyDelete