Tomorrow I'm leaving for Disney World. This is becoming less and less exciting and more and more scary. I am not a big fan of change. It's hard for me (see an earlier blog...), but I'm hoping and I've been praying that God will use this big change in my life for good. A good friend of mine texted me a very encouraging text the yesterday. She said, "It doesn't matter where u go, what matters is what u carry there. Carry His name to Disney World. Make Him famous there. I love u sister and i am praying for the work u will be doing for His name." This text absolutely made my day. She had no idea, but God obviously knew how much I needed to hear that. I have been so concerned with me making new friends once I get there and having a good job and whether I'll have a good roommate that I forgot what a great opportunity this big change is for me!
Not only is it an opportunity for me to start over with a new image and hopefully make new friends, but I can totally be an advocate for Christ while I'm there! I am His ambassador. I can't believe how I let this thought take a backseat in this whole process. I don't think I've even thought about it before. I hope that He will allow me to find out more about myself through this new adventure than I've ever known. I also pray that I will cling to Christ in order to find out more about my relationship with Him too. That relationship has been neglected all too often here recently, and maybe this change will offer opportunities for me to work on my relationship with Him.
So as I sit here thinking about all the things that await me in Florida, I think and hope and pray about the potential lives I may affect by serving God and living in Him. I also am trying to look forward to the time when I won't have all my friends to surround me, and all I have is Christ and His arms of love to surround me. It might be hard during the first few weeks in Florida by myself, but maybe He'll teach me something during that time... I'm trying to be open to any possibility and lesson He may want to teach me. Lord give me patience and perseverance to deal with the trials that may lie ahead.
Oh and for the 5 months I am at Disney, I am going to try to blog as often as possible!
Disney World Bound,
Katelyn
No comments:
Post a Comment