Yay for Disney!!!
I am SO tired. Today has been one of the longest days I've ever had.
I showed up around 9 this morning to check in to my Disney apartment. I thought this would be a quick process... wrong.
I stood in a line for a long time. Filled out some paperwork. Stood in a long line. Got a housing assignment and housing I.D. Stood in another line. Got assigned a time to go over to casting to find out my job. At this point, it was 10:30. Yes. It took me an hour and a half to go through the check-in process... but that's ok! Because I'm at Disney World! Woo hoo!
So I went to my apartment and met my roommate. She's SO sweet, so that was a relief! I was nervous I'd get someone who would be hard to get along with, but I could already tell we'd get along just fine.
I dropped my backpack off and had to walk to the bus stop to get on the bus to go to casting before even unpacking a single box. I forgot to mention that I met a girl named Rebecca during all the long lines earlier. She's really nice, so we met back up at the bus stop to ride over to casting together.
The bus was late. So we waited.
And waited.
And waited.
Then some other people going to casting got on a random bus, so we followed. It didn't exactly take us to casting, but we were close enough that we walked. That was definitely adventure #1! A group of college students walking through the Downtown Disney parking lot trying to find the casting center which happened to be just across the street... probably pretty hilarious to watch.
Once in casting, I got to stand in another line! Yay! This was a seriously long line. But I found out where I'd be working while waiting in this line! We waited and waited and waited some more. After a really long time of waiting, I got to go in a room. They officially hired me (sigh of relief). Then I got to stand in another line. After lots of lines, I eventually also went through fingerprinting, and signed up for direct deposit, and got my training info.
I finally got back to my apartment around 3:15. I started standing in lines at 9am this morning. And I hadn't even brought anything into my room or unpacked yet. Yeah. It was a long day.
So the rest of the afternoon and night was filled with lots of unpacking, hanging up pictures, grocery shopping, and getting to know the roomies. I am EXHAUSTED.
SO... here's what's going on with me and my job...
I am going to be working at the World of Disney in Downtown Disney. I originally wanted to be in one of the parks, but I guess this way I won't get tired of the parks. I have a housing meeting tomorrow and then I'm free. I might see if I can get my costume tomorrow. I also need to find my shoes and get some black socks for work. Tomorrow will hopefully be a little less exhausting, but productive I'm sure.
Exhausted,
Katelyn
No comments:
Post a Comment