Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Day 2... VERY eventful

Today was SO eventful!

We got up this morning and went to a long housing meeting. After that we came home and I had to take ALL of my stuff off the walls of my room. This is what my room looked like before...
But at the housing meeting, they told us that we couldn't use anything to put stuff on the wall except for having ONE corkboard. This means all my stuff hung up by the nifty command strips had to be taken down! I was devastated! I had to re-do my WHOLE room. Sad day. So this is what my room looks like now...
It's not as crazy and exciting anymore, but once I get some pics on that corkboard, it'll be good! So anyways, back to my day.

So after a wal-mart run and fixing up my wall, I decided to go for a run. It was mid-60's outside and felt AMAZING! I need to make a playlist though, for when I run. I walked way too much. I think I might also invest in a cheap pedometer. Too bad I gave Holli my free one from the golf tourney.

My run was SO good though. I just ran around our complex and then the bigger neighborhood of all the Disney housing. It was good. I heard a softball bat at one point, but kept running. When I came back by this spot, I heard it again. OF COURSE I had to stop and see what was going on. I went into Mickey's Retreat. That's the place where Disney cast members can go for recreation stuff. There was a softball field with a team practicing on it. I went up and asked if this was a league or what. The lady told me there was a league. When I asked how to sign up, she said I could be on their team! Woah! I wasn't expecting that. So the captain came off the field and talked with me. As soon as they heard that I pitched, they put me on the mound. I had no glove and I was in my running shoes, but they let me borrow a glove and sent me to the mound! I pitched to several people and they said I was doing great! I had to pitch from 70 feet. That was pretty tough, but I did ok. Then I got to hit. I loved it! I am SO glad there is a league here. HOWEVER, not knowing about my work schedule and stuff I told the captain that I was going to have to take his number and get back to him. Maybe I'll play with them or maybe I'll join another team. Who knows?! I just know I am GOING to play! So that was eventful. My 40 minute run turned into over an hour of running and softball!

When I got back and showered, 4 of my roomies and I were going to eat dinner at Downtown Disney House of Blues! HOWEVER, Ashley lost her I.D. We looked for a good 30 minutes for this I.D. and we couldn't leave without it because you can't get back into the housing complex without it! So she finally found it and we headed off! It was fun! We ate at House of Blues and walked around and window shopped to see what we wanted to use our discount on once we get our official work I.D.'s tomorrow!! Here's a pic of me and the roomies (minus Jacklyn)...
We met some interesting people at Downtown Disney and Katie (the one in the pink) learned all about Puerto Rico... ha! So like I said, Katie is on the left in the pink. Ashley is on the bottom of the pic. Emily (my roommate) is at the top and center of the pic. Meghan is kinda blocked by me (oops!). And then there's me! God has blessed me with such wonderful girls as roommates. I am so thankful that I have already made such great friends. I know that this is going to be a blast and I'm excited to have more fun adventures to write about! Oh and I get my work official Disney I.D. tomorrow SOOOOOO, that means I can go to the park for FREE!!! But I have to be at the bus stop at 6:45 in the morning for another 4 hour meeting so I should probably go to bed now!

Loving Disney,
Katelyn

1 comment: