Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas Song Madness

As soon as the clock strikes midnight on the morning of black Friday, the Christmas songs begin to play until Christmas day. Among all of these songs are plenty of great timeless classics. There are also plenty of TERRIBLE songs that give me a good laugh. I realize that not everyone will agree with me, but I compiled my list of the top 5 greatest christmas songs according to me as well as the top 5 worst christmas songs. Once again, these are according to me, and you may not agree, but that's why this is my blog...

I've included links for each song, so if you don't recognize a song or you want to listen to it for some reason, just click on it!

Top 5 Best Christmas Songs
#5 - "All I Want for Christmas Is You" by Mariah Carey
#3 - "Believe" by Josh Groban
#2 - "Christmas Canon" by Trans-Siberian Orchestra

Drum roll please...

(Of course this would be my #1! I'm a true Tennessee girl!)

Honorable Mention for Best Songs: "Christmas Eve/Sarajevo 12/24" by Trans-Siberian Orchestra

Now, for the worst songs...

Top 5 Worst Christmas Songs
#5 - "Happy Birthday Jesus" by Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir
#4 - "Same Old Auld Lang Syne" by Dan Fogelberg
#2 - "The Christmas Shoes" by Newsong

And the absolute worst Christmas song...

#1 - "The Least of These" by John Primm
(This song may be better known as "Lord Jesus Was A Homeless Boy" which in fact, he was not. Good try John Primm.)

Honorable Mention for Worst Songs: "Mary Did You Know" by Kenny Rogers and Wynonna Judd

Well that's my two cents! I'm sure I'll keep thinking of more "best" and "worst" songs, but I'm going to leave it at this!
Whether you agree with me or disagree, I hope you enjoy all the Christmas music madness!

Merry Christmas!!
Katelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment