Tuesday, July 13, 2010

So Much to Do... So Little Time!

Today I continued my journey into the heart of Nashville. I parked in the Gay Street garage thinking it was free... not so much. When I left, it was $12! Too bad I had to learn that lesson the hard way. I started walking to the Ryman. On my way I passed the Tennessee State Museum. I didn't realize it was so close, so I stopped in. I did remember some of it from when I visited it in elementary school. I had a weird encounter with one of the security guards. He told me to stick my hand across one of the exhibits. So I did and asked him why. He said he wanted me to set the alarm off... still not quite sure what that was all about. I kind of rushed through the museum a little bit since I have been there before. It was interesting, but I was really excited about going to the Ryman!
It was really muggy outside, but it was drizzling rain so I was wearing a rain jacket. It was HOT wearing that jacket! When I finally made it to the Ryman, I went in and saw my friend Will who works there. He got me a ticket to the backstage tour! We went and had lunch before my tour. He was also willing to take a few pictures of me since I'm not able to when I'm on my own.
After lunch, we headed back to the Ryman! I was SO excited! I went in and did some of the self-guided tour before my backstage tour began. It was really cool to see all the outfits and letters and other things from all those country music stars. I really enjoyed the Johnny and June exhibit! It makes me want to watch "Walk the Line" now. Of course, being picture crazy like my mother, I took a TON of pictures.
When it was time for my tour, I went upstairs. The backstage tour was awesome! I got to go in some of the dressing rooms and the make-up room. Unfortunately I couldn't take any pictures backstage, but I was in the same room as so many of the great stars! I stood on the stage where they stood! That's just really cool to me!
I had planned on going to the Country Music Hall of Fame today, but by the time the tour got out, I didn't have a lot of time left. I needed to get back to the dogs at the house. Before I left downtown, I walked across the street to the Batman Building. I asked the security guard very nicely if I could go up to the top. That's right. I did it. However, since it's restricted I wasn't able to. Oh well.
After stopping back at the Tennessee State Museum to pick up my water bottle I had forgotten, I headed back to the parking garage. It was a great day today! I'm excited about tomorrow. I plan to hit up the Country Music Hall of Fame in the morning before I have lunch with my friend Stephen! Then tomorrow night after church, I am planning on going to another Tennessee Diamonds game to see them play Jennie Finch and the Chicago Bandits!
So my plan for the rest of the night is to hang out with the dogs and watch the MLB All-Star Game! I'm hoping the NL can break the AL's 14 year winning streak!

Cheering for the National League,
Katelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment