Yes, I am part of the craze they call Twilight. Before you judge me and stop reading, this isn't a blog about Edward Cullen. It's about my sister. So keep reading...
As my younger sister and I are laying in my bed watching New Moon at 2 a.m. (we watched Twilight just before this), I can't help but think about how many times like this I've missed out on with my sister. I love her so much, and even though we fight like cats and dogs sometimes, it makes me sad to think that I missed out on a good 18 years of this before she went to college. Ever since she went to college we have grown closer, but until she went to college it was a nonstop fight it seemed like. Now I consider her one of my best friends. I don't show it a lot, but that's something I'm working on. It's just so funny how once we aren't having to live together, we are able to be civil and cry to each other and call each other just because. I love it! Don't get me wrong. There are even times when she's all the way at school in Chattanooga and I'm at school in Nashville and she ticks me off, but it's times like those when I remember that I might not like her very much in that moment, but I'll always love her.
So now my sister has come to be a part of this international sensation known as Twilight. Vampires and werewolves just hold the key to a girl's heart! She was skeptical at first, but I finally roped her in after 2 years of begging her to read the books. Because of this, we have yet another thing in common. She's been asking me all these questions about Eclipse because she's only read the first two books, but I keep telling her I'm not going to ruin it for her! It's been hilarious to see her get so caught up in this story that she made fun of me for being obsessed with the past 2 years.
Anyways, getting to the point: Sometimes we find relationships growing when we least expect them to and because of the strangest things. Thank you college for taking my sister miles away from me and bringing me back a best friend. And thank you Twilight for, well, helping me prove to my sister that a vampire and werewolf in love with a human can make reading fun! Oh and for providing my sister and I with a 4 hour night of Twilight movie awesomeness together!
Until later,
A Very Sleepy Katelyn
This is very sweet! I love you both! <3 Jeana
ReplyDelete