Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Ready for a slow down

SO many things are going on right now. I'm VERY busy getting the 5K together. It's going really well! Almost 50 people are signed up for it and we still have 2 weeks to go! I'm also busy trying to stay caught up on all my school stuff AND I'm helping plan decorations for the Sweetheart Banquet at church this wknd. I had a particularly terrible past 2 weeks. Actually it's just been tough altogether since we got back from Christmas. I struggle to get up in the mornings. It's hard to make myself go to work when I know I have SO much to get done. I told another teacher today that if this semester had been my first semester of teaching, I would have quit. It's a good thing I had a pretty good first semester because I know how rewarding and fun teaching can be. I'm trying to get back to that...

My roommate and I are trying to map out plans for opening a bakery! This is a plan on the backburner, but if my semester continues this way, I could see myself baking for the rest of my life. I love it! So that's on the side right now.

Also I am thinking about moving to Florida to teach. That's still on the backburner as well. I haven't filled out any apps yet, but I REALLY miss FL.

On an exciting note: My physics class is getting better. My kids seem to be having more fun as long as I get them up and moving and keep them involved. Today was good! I had a student tell me today that this was the most challenging class he'd ever had. I asked if that was a good thing and he said "that's a very good thing." I've never been challenged to think like this before." I think that is the biggest compliment I have received as a teacher. It really renewed my spirit.

I am excited to get softball going next week. Nervous, but excited. But for now I have some dishes to wash before I work on my school stuff.

Ready for a slow down,
Katelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment