Saturday, February 25, 2012

1st Annual Diamond Dash 5K... in the books!

Well the 1st annual Diamond Dash 5K is in the books! Done! Finito! Finished! Over!!!!

It was fantastic! There were plenty of rough patches along the way, but we got it done. I'm so proud of my girls and softball parents for all their hard work. We were able to raise $1700 for our season after expenses! It was a huge success and we had way more people than we expected. There were 82 participants!!! I think next year could be even better. I have plenty of things that I need to work on and I've already made a list of those changes I need to make. It was so cold, but everyone commented on how much fun it was... and apparently I mapped out a pretty tough course! I'm glad it was a hit and I hope to have the 2nd annual Diamond Dash 5K race next year!

Now it's time to get ready for softball season. I have another LOOOONG to-do list for this week. It never seems to end, but I'm glad the race is over so I can focus on something else.

Softball is looking good right now. We have a team LOADED with talent and girls ready to work hard. Can't wait to go to bed tonight. I'm exhausted.

One last note... it was so great to have all my friends and family and those from the community that just came out to help the team. I appreciate such community spirit in our county. I know my girls are just as thankful!

Thankful for community support,
Katelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment