I made it to Spring break. This is a good sign! I might just be able to make it to summer.
Softball has started. We've already had 2 tournaments and I've got a very talented group on my hands! These girls are more skilled than I ever remember being at that age. We have the potential to be undefeated in the regular season which is one of our goals!
Speaking of softball we had a fantastic practice today at school. It was hot outside and I got a good workout in running around with those nutty girls. I love coaching so much! I wasn't so sure about it for the longest time, but I really like it now that I'm down to the coaching part and all the fundraising crap is set aside. We have our first regular season games next week against Coopertown and Springfield. I'm ready to see how we do compared to the competition in the county! The only 2 teams that have beat us in tournaments so far were extremely talented. We got beat 7-6 in extra innings by a team that registered under a middle school's name but was actually a group of girls from multiple middle schools in Hendersonville. The other team that beat us was Dickson Middle School which is the largest middle school in the state of Tennessee so I feel ok about that loss. Their pitcher was a hoss !
Spring break has been great so far! I got all my laundry done yesterday and began cleaning my room. Also got to grocery shop and get that done for the month. Today I went to school and got all my grading finished. I still have a long to-do list, but Jerica keeps telling me I've done so much already. My expectations for my use of time are ridiculous, but that's me. Keeping high expectations and setting the bar high. Tomorrow I would like to see a few friends in Nashville, but I also need to finish cleaning my room and bathroom. I also planned my baseball trips yesterday!! Looks like I'll be going to see the Royals, Pirates, Indians, Brewers, Cubs, and White Sox this summer!!! SO excited! Plus I'm going to Disney world!! YAY! So excited about my busy summer!
I am also starting grad school on June 16th with Bethel!! I got accepted yesterday!! YAY! Ready to get that pay raise for sure!
I am excited to spend the rest of my Spring break being productive, but I just need to make sure that I take time to appreciate the beautiful weather that God has given me and give thanks for a much needed break.
Thankful,
Katelyn
No comments:
Post a Comment