Week 1 after spring break is over now. It was ROUGH in the classroom. I am so ready to be done teaching algebra 2. I have one student that is still the most disrespectful person on the face of the earth. He's lazy and unbelievable rude to me in my own classroom. Unfortunately I can't do anything about it really because he CONTINUES to get chance after chance at our school... it just really gets to me that any one would allow their employees to be treated the way he treats me in my classroom. And I'm no pushover! If people in the working world could see how we're treated, they'd be in shock! I do have a funny story from my algebra 1 class though. I was teaching about some concepts that can be mainly done in your calculator. The same student who has popped off with a funny random comment before (he's a really quiet student though!) said, as people were typing in their calcs, "I love the sound of calculator buttons clicking in the morning." Oh my. He's presh and hilarious!
Softball regular season got started this week! We beat Coopertown 23-0! It was AWESOME! A girl I played travel ball with even coaches their team so that was cool! I am really excited about this season. We had a tourney this wknd. Did awesome, but got rained out halfway through Saturday. I sure was looking forward to playing Dickson in the championship though! I got to see Hunger games again today. SO good! Some of the softball girls were there so that was a blast! I just love those girls so much! They make my job worth while! Coaching them is such a great experience and I am thankful for the opportunity every day.
Meanwhile, I've also gotten 2 calls about jobs in Atlanta and Midland, Texas. Not going to take them though.
I am exhausted and so ready for summer, but not ready for softball to be over!
Living life,
Katelyn
No comments:
Post a Comment