Saturday, February 18, 2012

Here we go...

I just applied for a job in Florida. I've pretty much decided that if I get an interview or anything that I am just going to stay here for another year because I'd really like to be here for all of Holli's wedding prep this coming year, but I decided to apply anyways. I just don't want to ignore the longing that God has placed on my heart for the past few months so I'm going to apply and see what happens. My principal was very supportive when I talked to her because I wanted to put her down as a reference. It was good to have her support. She said she'd miss me if I left but that she wanted me to do what's best. She said that if I didn't like it and I wanted to come back here that they'd welcome me with open arms. That was very reassuring. I'm thankful that God blessed me with such a supportive administration and faculty around me as well.

Softball has started up this year. We had tryouts this past week. I have a VERY talented group of 13 girls! I'm really excited to see what the year brings. Me and my momma and daddy worked on the field today to get it ready for practice. I'm sore already, but it looks SO much better than it did when we had tryouts this week. I really hope that I can be a good coach. Being a good player and being a good coach are two completely different things. I just hope that I can help these girls reach their full potential.

My classes are going ok right now. I am trying to stay caught up on grading and such, but it's so easy to get behind with everything I have going on.

We have almost 75 people in the 5K and 1-mile races!! I am super excited! It's a huge success already! I was even contacted by a guy who lives in Springfield and has friends running the race. He does a morning show on channel 5 and gave our 5K race a plug at 5am Friday morning!! I am very thankful for the success this has been thus far. I just hope I can get everything ready this week and stay on top of my school work at the same time.

I got to see some of my bestest friends last night! I was able to go to Lipscomb after a movie with my roomie and her friends last night. I got to hang out with Brooke, John, and Nathan. It was good to see them. I even got to spend the night with Brooke. I thank God for the amazing friends he's placed in my life.

Here's to another week in God's service to my students and those around me. Help me to be a light.

Katelyn


No comments:

Post a Comment