The other day I got asked to write a recommendation letter for a student. It's the first time I've ever been asked to do that! It made me excited to think about why that student asked me. Obviously I've built a strong relationship with her and she trusts me to give my honest opinion about her. She's such a sweet girl and I love her so much! I couldn't have been more honored! I know this seems like a small thing, but it was a first for me and just really seemed like a big thing to me.
Also, I have had a couple of students say they wish they had me in class. Talk about a confidence booster! I was texting a friend the other day who works at another school in the county. She happens to work with a parent of one of the kids at my school. When my friend asked the student's mom if she knew me, she said she didn't. She apparently went home and asked her son about me and came back to school to tell my friend that her son said I was really cool and he wished he could have had me in class! I just love building relationships with these kids! Love my job!!
I also lost my voice for the first time this week. That was interesting. I have had kids talk for me and I've had to limit my talking. The kids have been super good for me because they know I don't have a voice and they need to hear what I'm going to say... maybe I should fake this ALL the time!!!
We are also currently getting our first snow of the year! Maybe I'll even get to experience my first snow day as a teacher!!! I HOPE SO!!!
Loving it all,
Katelyn
That is so awesome!!! Sounds like your semester is starting out great! =) Love you Katelyn!!
ReplyDeleteFirst snow day as a teacher... CHECK!
ReplyDelete