Sunday, January 1, 2012

A new year, a better me!

With the new year, a lot of people make new year's resolutions. My best friend, Katie and I have decided to make goals for the new year. I'm glad we're calling these goals instead of resolutions, simply because of the quitter stigma that usually lies with resolutions. Most people forget they even made resolutions around Valentine's Day. However, me and Katie are going to keep each other accountable for these goals. We broke them up into 5 categories: Career, Spiritual, Financial, Health, and Fun. Here's what I decided to set as my goals for the new year...

Career
  1. Begin my master's degree
  2. Organize my Algebra notes notebooks for next year
Spiritual
  1. Lead a high school girl's bible study 1 night a week this summer
  2. Keep a prayer journal consistently
Financial
  1. Put $100 more in my savings account each month starting in February
  2. When I've saved up enough money for my master's degree, put half of what I'd been investing in savings into vacation account every month
Health
  1. Work out 3 days a week
  2. Lose 10 pounds
Fun
  1. Visit 2 more ball parks
  2. Get Disney reunion plans set in stone
  3. Go on 6 dates... so about 1 every other month
  4. Meet the love of my life (ok so this one isn't realistic, but why not put it down anyways?!)
As another year has passed in my life, I want to see this as another opportunity to better myself. As I told Katie: this is going to be our year! I'm excited about the year to come and all the good times (and trying times) that are to be had in order for me to grow as a person, daughter, teacher, friend, role model, and Christian woman. I pray that God blesses my goals and endeavors in the coming year.

Here's to another year,
Katelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment