- I had a student ask me why I wanted to run on the trail after school. "But you're not out of shape Miss Duncan." Talk about a confidence booster!!
- I had a student do really well on their make up quiz from a day they were absent. This student is currently failing. After doing so well, his grade came up! Now he is only 1 point from passing!! I enjoyed getting to share in this victory with him. He was very excited too!
- After a few tough days with one specific student, I had a breakthrough. During homecoming events, he stayed in with me and got work done. He really seemed to understand the concepts I was helping him with. When he got home, his mom emailed me and told me that he had a good time in my room today and was proud of himself for the progress he made!! I was so happy that he recognized his success!
- I have one student that has a particularly tough situation outside of school. I learned of a specific part of this situation and it really shed some light to part of his behavior from last week. I still hold him to the same standards, but I try to keep these situations in mind. Since, I have seen a change in his attitude and his outlook on math and my class. He gets his work in and seems to have a little bit of fun!
- Today I was scrambling to find something my students could do for extra credit in my algebra 2 class since I'm a day ahead of the other teacher. At the last minute, I told students they could write a short story using terms from the last chapter. I realized this would be difficult considering what the words were so I tweaked the assignment a bit. I told students they got to determine what the new definitions of the words were. THEY LOVED IT!! I had several students go above and beyond on this assignment! I enjoyed reading some of the stories and can't wait to post them in my room!
- Today a student gave me a potholder he made in art class. Presh.
- I had my first observation yesterday and the principal told another teacher that I did awesome! That was for sure a relief!
I truly love my job, my kids, and the fact that I get to wake up every morning and teach them every day!!
Blessed,
Katelyn
Great stuff Katelyn. I am glad to watch as you share your journey.
ReplyDelete