Last weekend I went to the lake with some of the most amazing people! One of my close engineering friend's family has a lake house. He got all our friends from school together and we planned a weekend for us to just be together on the lake hanging out and getting our fill of water sports.
I drove up after the football game on Friday night. Of course I took some work to grade, but Jacob's brother quickly nipped that in the bud. I did get some grading done, but overall I just relaxed. We all hung out on Friday night for a bit. Me and Brooke had pillow talk and headed to bed.
On Saturday we all got up super early and went out for some wakeboarding! I didn't try it that day, but it was fun to soak up the sun and watch the guys wakeboard. It felt amazing that day! We came in for some breakfast. Jacob's mom was super sweet and was always making us food even though she just had her appendix out! What a servant! After breakfast and some rest, we went back out for tubing!! I've never tubed like that before (granted, I've only tubed once before), but it was so much fun! The guys called it street tubing! We were jumping from tube to tube behind the boat and pushing each other off! It was the most fun I've had in a LONG time! After hours of tubing, we came in and got ready for dinner. We all had dinner together in the clubhouse with a couple of other families that were good friends with Jacob's family. That night, some more people came down to join us.
On Sunday we got up and had church service in the clubhouse. It was uplifting to be there worshipping with my friends! Later that afternoon we went out on the lake again. It was rainy but we had fun anyways! A few of our friends left that day. That night we went out to see the crazy people dancing at the pavilion. Jared had talked it up all weekend and it sure lived up to it!! These old rednecks dancing were HILARIOUS!!! We also watched True Grit which was REALLY good!
Monday we got up early and went out wakeboarding and on the wave runner. It was FREEZING, but we were gonna get every ounce of fun out of that weekend that we could!! I got flung off the wave runner! I even tried wakeboarding. I couldn't get up though. The waves were RIDIC! It was SO choppy out there! We came in and ate lunch. Then we all kinda chilled out and rested. A few went back out on the boat that afternoon, but I opted for the nap. Some of us played cards and just hung out. It was a lot of fun and I wish I could go back to last weekend! It was SO fun and I miss those friends so much. I love that God gave me such amazing friends and that I am able to have such fun making memories with them!
Thanking God for great friends,
Katelyn
No comments:
Post a Comment