Saturday, August 14, 2010

Welcome to the real world!

I have officially started student teaching! This week was mostly filled with meetings and inservices. I had my first day at school on Wednesday. We didn't have kids yet so we just had meetings and worked in our room all day. My mentor teacher is really cool. He actually wasn't trained to be a teacher. He was a mechanical engineer who came out of the field and decided to go into teaching. 

So super weird: my mentor teacher is like the spitting image of my friend Stephen. He acts like him. Talks like him. Was a mechanical engineer like him... it's just really uncanny. My mentor teacher is Stephen in 15 years for sure!

Anyways, we had a half day yesterday. All the kids really seem to love Mr. Wright! He's definitely going to be a fun teacher to work with. Today was just another work day with meetings; no kids. For some reason I've been completely exhausted even though I've been going to bed at a reasonable time. I guess this is the life of a teacher in the real world. Getting up early and going to bed early. I'm excited to start out the real school year on Monday! Even though I'm exhausted and I haven't had the most fun with inservices, I'm hopeful that God is going to assure me that this really is my calling in life!

Up too late,
Katelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment