Friday, June 15, 2012

Ready, set, SUMMER!

It's been quite a while since I've written because just as my last blog said, things were getting crazy. And it hasn't slowed down since! My softball girls won the county tournament!!! I was SO proud of them! We beat Greenbrier, FINALLY. It was different winning as a coach. I didn't feel like I had a hand in it really because I didn't get an at bat or catch a fly ball. It's still exciting. Just a different kind of exciting.

My students all took their EOC's. My algebra 1 babies did SOOOOO good on theirs! I was proud! Algebra 2 did alright, but honestly that test is oober hard and I would probably struggle to do well on it.

My seniors finished up their exams and in physics all I had left was 5 juniors. It was a sad little class, but we still had fun and finished up the book. My other classes got to do a couple of projects and watch a few movies before the year was over.

Graduation, prom, senior night, baccalaureate... all that fun stuff came and went as it does every year.

School ended with changes at our school. Whether good or bad, things always change and it's how we're going to handle those changes that help form who we are. I'm still deciding how I am going to deal with some of the changes...

I turned 24 and got to celebrate the evening with all my best friends before driving with my sissy down to Chatt. From there we drove the next day to DISNEY!!! We enjoyed such an amazing sister vacation!

I got to feed 2 squirrels at Universal!!! SOOO exciting since I love squirrels way to much for my own good!

I got to see one of my old roomies from Disney, Jackie, for the first time in over a year! Such a good reunion!





We went to all 4 parks, the universal parks, downtown disney, and visited some of the resorts. It was sad seeing all the places I used to go daily. I miss the heck out of that place! We ate SO much and I'm pretty sure I gained 10 pounds... yikes. We came home and the magic ended, but we both still love that place more than words can say (even at the age of 24 and 22...).

When I got back from Disney I had a wedding the next day. One of my co-workers had a cute wedding out in Cedar Hill. It was fun to celebrate with her.

The next few days I had to unpack and transition from one trip to another.

I had inservice so I stayed with Heather in Smyrna for a few days. The inservice was SO awesome! It was one of the best I've ever been to and I learned a lot about how can integrate these awesome calculators into my classroom instruction.

During that week, the Monday and Friday I was at home, I worked TN kids at home. That's a food program for kids in our county during the summer so they can get good meals they otherwise wouldn't get at home. It was fun to play with the kids and just chat. I hope to get to go back more this summer!

I came home from Heather's and got ready for Boston. My roomie took me to the airport that Saturday and I headed off!

I'll save that trip for another blog...

Crazy busy,
Katelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment