Saturday, December 10, 2011

My Sweet Kids

I am SO ready for Christmas break!! It's been a long and interesting semester. I love my kids even more than I did at the beginning and I'm sad that some of them won't have me next semester. I wanted to make note of something really sweet that happened the other day...

Let me preface this with the fact that someone stole the clock off my wall a couple of weeks ago. Why would anyone want to steal my clock?! Well it is super cute and was pink with polka dots on it. I'm still a little bitter over it. My kids have been asking what time it is multiple times during each class period. I kept telling them that if they wanted to know what time it was they could get a watch or find the person who stole my clock.

Ok now to the story... so the other day my kids in 3rd block were telling me that my desk looked very pretty today. I had absolutely no idea what they were talking about so I just went about my business standing in the hall monitoring as students came to class. After the bell rang they kept saying over and over that my desk was really pretty today. I finally went over to look at my desk and there was a clock with a bow on top of it. Two boys in my class had bought me a clock to replace my stolen one. It was really sweet!

Then in the same class period, another boy gave me a dry eraser since mine aren't working as well anymore. He said he got it from his dad's office, but that his dad wasn't using it because his dad doesn't even have a dry erase board in his office. I thought it was hilarious and sweet all at the same time!

I love my kids and am super excited about reading them a book this week that is very near and dear to me. I'm going to be reading each of my classes "Oh the places you'll go..." and I hope they see after everything we've been through together this semester that I really do love them and want the best for them.

Katelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment