Friday, November 4, 2011

Truckin' on...

It's crazy how fast this semester is going! I've been super busy with school but have also been having some fun! I feel like I actually have a life outside of school now. I've started going to trivia on Thursdays with some teachers from school. It's pretty fun! I've also started teaching pitching lessons on Tuesdays to a girl from church. I've been going to band competitions to watch my students and seeing friends in Nashville on weekends! Needless to say, it's been a whirlwind here lately.

At the state band competition I played football with our band! They loved me playing with them. They made me be QB but it was laughable! I had a blast with them and some of the kids were still talking about it Monday at school.

Over the past few weeks I've had a few problems with some kids. One of them was skipping my class and leaving school! He finally got caught and now I'm having to get him caught up. I've also had a student supposedly transfer to another school and now he's back after a week. He was already behind and NOW I'm having to get him caught up as well... I am literally bending over backwards for these two kids... it's wearing me out!

I have also lately been struggling with my kids talking a lot in class. I can't get them to shut up. My roommate gave me a reward idea I think I'm going to start using. That way I'm not always punishing, but also rewarding good behavior.

I'm SO tired all the time but so glad I have stuff going on to keep me busy!

Just an update,
Katelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment