Me and Daniel drove down on Friday morning. We stopped in Calhoun, GA to do some shopping at the outlet mall. That's one thing I will say about Daniel: having a guy best friend who likes to shop is AWESOME! And for him I will also mention that no, he is not gay. He just appreciates a good shopping day! I got some good teacher clothes! And then we had to head out.
Funny note: On our way to his grandparents' house, we saw a yard that had the number 88 for the Nascar driver mowed into their yard... wow.
We made it to his grandparents house and unloaded our stuff. We visited for a few minutes before heading to the game. We wanted to get there in time to go to batting practice and maybe catch a ball. There were some men that had come up with some strange contraptions to get baseballs that fell in the gap between the bleachers and the outfield wall. One man had a duct tape roll attached to a string and another man had some sort of cup on a string. Either way, they were both able to somehow pick up the lost baseballs with them. How they did it is beyond me! So anyways, we got nothing that day, but I DID get to see Chelsea!!
It was so cool to be there for that! We also got to see a firework show after the game!!
It was so fun! After saying our goodbyes to Chelsea and Chris, we headed back to the house for the night.
Saturday, me and Daniel got up and went shopping in this cute little plaza area in Downtown Atlanta. I loved it! I got so many cute clothes and found some amazing deals. I was definitely in the shopping mood this weekend. After lunch and some more shopping, we headed to the field for bp again.
We got there early and got a free poster commemorating the 10,000th win! It was pretty cool and will for sure be laminated and put in my classroom!!! Daniel got a bp ball thrown to him and I was SO jealous! He gave it to me, but being the independent girl that I am, I told him I would get my own! Eventually there was a ball hit two people down from me. This scrawny man tried to catch it but got thumped in the chest by it. Of course I pushed the guy next to me out of the way and scrambled for the ball.
The guy who got hit tried to grab it, but I am pretty scrappy as Daniel put it, and I was coming away with that ball! So of course I got it!! That man talked for the next twenty minutes about how he still didn't know how I came away with that ball. I'm good. That's how!
So we had our baseballs and of course Daniel being the nice guy that he is gave his to a little girl behind us. Not me. I AM a little girl and I'm keeping it! With out tickets for that night, we got hot dogs and drinks because Daniel found it as a deal on groupon. So the night was complete with ball park hot dogs... but that was only the beginning! We had no idea bout all the things that were about to happen at the game...
At the beginning of the game, the Braves hit a home run in the right side of our section, but not close enough for us to get it. It was pretty cool for it to be so close though. Also, as Daniel was coming back with his hot dog and coke, the Braves girls shot a t-shirt up in our section that landed 4 feet in front of Daniel. He wouldn't sacrifice the food for the shirt. Lame. Then a little later, the Nats hit a home run to our section about 6 rows back. It NAILED this woman in the head. I couldn't look, but apparently her head had split open and she was bleeding pretty bad! She eventually came back and everyone applauded her. What happened to the ball that hit her? The guy who caught it threw it back!! It was a Nats homer after all. So because of this home run me and Daniel were on TV!!! I found the link online and you can totally see us!! I have my arms in the air ready to catch it as Daniel loses it in the lights and covers his head. My dad is the one who texted me during the game and said he saw me on TV! I was so excited!! A little while later, we were also on the Jumbotron. One of Daniel's friends who was also at the game texted him telling him we were on the big screen doing the tomahawk chop!! GO BRAVES!!
(I'm wearing a read shirt and Daniel is to my right wearing a blue shirt...)
http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=16951091
Also a little later, a man in a wedding dress jumped from the outfield seats and started running around the field! It was hilarious! The cameras were going off like crazy around the stadium.
Throughout the whole game there was a girl 2 seats down from me who was drinking like a fish. She was SO loud and obnoxious. Me and Daniel were getting super tired of her. Well then around the 8th inning she started talking to this cute little 6-year-old boy we were pretty sure had autism that was sitting right in front of me. He was adorable, but she was just embarrassing. She was loud and asking him how old he was and what grade he was in. She then proceeded to ask for a picture with him. When he was super shy and said no, she let up for a little. Then she started in again and asked if she could just take a picture of him. At this point, her boyfriend even told her she was being creepy. That poor kid's family was probably freaked out. I know I was annoyed and embarrassed that a girl would act like that. She grew louder and louder as those last 2 innings went on. Me and Daniel were so glad at the end of the game when she finally left.
After the game, we went to some different seats near home plate for the B-52's concert. It took FOREVER for them to set up, but once they started it was ok. They are SO OLD. And they aren't that good anymore. We stayed for 2 songs and sadly didn't get to hear "Love Shack." But that was ok, because me and Daniel listened to it in the car.
Oh and I even found out that Mickey is a Braves fan... should have known :)
We jammed with the windows down the whole way home. It was such a nice summer night! When we got home, we chatted with his grandparents and ate some pizza and ice cream to complete the night before checking out sportscenter to see if we were on tv. We didn't see us in the replays, but I found it today so no worries!
Overall this weekend was a blast! It was a good last summer hoorah for me. I'm ready to start my school year I guess...
So after my final fun weekend, it's time for me to get to work and for Daniel to head to grad school at Bama. At least Chelsea is heading back here so I can hang with her more!
Thankful for good friends and good memories,
Katelyn
No comments:
Post a Comment